Having a root canal is never any fun. Here at Oral Dental Health, we are able to make your visit relaxing, comfortable and pain-free.
If you are in need of root canal Mt Druitt our expert root canal dentist and knowledgeable staff can help you out. If you are in need of a root canal treatment there is no need to be worried.
We are able to make you root procedure relaxing with the latest pain-free methods. Root canals are performed all the time and by doing so we are able to save your teeth.
Here at Oral Dental Care, we have been extensively trained to give you the best treatment possible.
What’s the cause of a root canal?
Inside your tooth are nerves and soft tissues called pulp. These nerves and pulp can become damaged and need to be removed. Once the tooth is damaged bacteria can begin to grow within the chamber.
How do you know if a root canal procedure is needed?
It is usually pretty apparent when you need root canal replacement. There are several common symptoms.
- A toothache
- An abscess
- Pain while eating
What is a Root Canal Treatment?
A root canal is a procedure that repairs and saves an infected or decayed tooth by removing the nerves and pulp.
Having a root canal in Mt Druitt can save your tooth so you won’t have to have it extracted. The steps of a root canal are as follows:
- Your dentist will use pain-free methods before the root canal procedure starts. Using these methods will help you relax.
- Next, the infected nerves and pulp are removed through an access hole.
- The inside of the tooth is thoroughly cleaned
- Medication is applied within the tooth
- A temporary filling is applied.
- Your tooth and gum will need time to heal and a second appointment will be made
- During the next appointment, the temporary filling will be removed
- A sealer paste and gutta percha, a rubber compound, will be placed in the root canals
- A permanent filling will be installed
- If you are interested in having a crown this will be done on a future date
What to expect after the root canal procedure
Your tooth may be sensitive for a few days and you might need to take some over-the-counter pain medication. Most people are able to return to work or their regular activities the next day.
It is important not to chew on your tooth until the root canal therapy is completely finished.
Having a crown installed after your root canal is a good idea to help protect the tooth.
Continue to practice good oral hygiene so that the tooth doesn’t get infected before it has a chance to heal.
How much does a root canal therapy cost?
The root canal cost can vary depending on the number of canals in the tooth and if you are interested in having a crown placed on the tooth.
The average cost of a normal root canal Mt Druitt runs from $2,000 to $3,400.
If you want a crown applied it will cost an additional $1100 and $2000.
Contact us and schedule your appointment today.
Oral Dental Health can help ease your fears about having a root canal in Mt Druitt.